Friday, April 13, 2012

UPDATE: Pancake & Café 38 Mitsubachi パンケーキ&カフィミツバチ

**Please check my previous post on Pancake & Café 38 Mitsubachi HERE for more information.


Address:  仙台市青葉区二日町12-25グランディプレステージ1F.  In between Kotodai-Koen Station and Kita-Yobancho Station on the same side as City Hall.

Map:  Scroll to the bottom.  

Open:  Tues. – Fri.  6 am – 6:30 pm        
Sat., Sun., Holidays they close at 6 pm.
Closed Mondays.

Since my last post about this restaurant I've returned a couple of times.  The coffee seems to have improved a little bit so that's a plus, but other than that not much has changed … they still serve delicious, light, fluffy hotcakes!  

But here's some more info on prices and varieties of pancakes.  I continue to go with the three buttermilk pancakes (12 cm) drink set (880 ) and for an extra 200 I have them add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  My wife also continued with the two caramel banana pancakes drink set (1080 ) with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

Caramel and Banana Pancakes
Buttermilk Pancakes with Vanilla Ice Cream


Here are the other flavors of pancakes they offer:
Walnut Pancakes
"I Love Berry" Pancakes
ふしぎなアリスのお城 Pancakes - Three pancakes with strawberry and vanilla ice cream, mixed berries, and topped with chocolate and raspberry sauce.
Rum Raisin Pancakes
Bacon and Egg w/Pancakes
Cheese Fondue Pancakes

I thought it was interesting that the staff felt it necessary to post signs requesting that each group of customers order at least one food dish.  I get from this that some people were just ordering drinks and sitting there taking up space.

If you try any of the other types of pancakes, please let me know how you liked them.


View Larger Map

No comments: