Thursday, June 29, 2017

National Gyoza Festival in Sendai 全国餃子祭りin仙台 022-259-3712

Address:  Kokusai Center Subway Station.   
Map:  Check on their website.
Saturday, July 1st from 10 am to 6 pm, and Sunday, July 2nd from 10 am to 4 pm.
I stopped by late Sunday afternoon during last year’s festivities, and some of the gyoza booths had already sold out, while other stalls had lines that were more than a 40-minute wait.  This proved to be an extremely popular event in 2016.
Still, it was fun to sit, eat, and watch the crowd enjoy themselves.  I also got a glimpse of Gyoza Man (?-I don’t know he calls himself).

Gyoza Man?  Mr. Gyoza Head?

Kirin Beer is once again hosting this gyoza extravaganza and there are live performances scheduled throughout the event.  
All the vendors are selling their gyoza packages for 300 yen, which are usually four dumplings per pack.
I’m sorry, but I really don’t remember my impressions on the pot stickers from last year, but I’ll add a few photos just to give you an idea.
Hope to see you there!






No comments: